Sunday, March 31, 2013

Cool Science Website for fun reading!

Rather than discussing a scientific journal, or talking about research I have done this week, I am going to discuss a scientific website that I found to be very interesting.
On my search for different scientific stories across the web, I stumbled upon http://news.sciencemag.org. Before actually reading any of the articles, I looked for things that would make it a credible website to talk about in a blog post. The website has contact information you can reach the site authors at and has background information. One thing I liked about this website was that you can submit work you have done. I think that is a great way for young researchers to promote their work and get their name out there. I also think this is a great website for college students to go to on their free time and read some of the articles to further educate themselves.
A little preview of some of the articles posted include titles such as: "ScienceShot: Monkey Smiles Are Contagious" by Lizzie Wade to 'Bioethics Panel Gives Yellow Light to Anthrax Vaccine Trial in Children" by Jocelyn Kaiser. There are so many categories you can search and read about from astronomy to genetics. The website also allows readers to live chat and share stories. For example, this article: U.K. Agency Cautiously Endorses Mitochondria Replacement . All I had to do was click "share". Such an easy way to share with your friends or the world.

I hope you all enjoy this website as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment